Assisting you through insolvency or business recovery
We’ll take practical steps to protect the value of the business assets, so you can maximise their net value while minimising your involvement. Our ability to act quickly is crucial to the overall success.
From years of working with and for insolvency practitioners, George Hazell & Co has an in-depth knowledge and practical experience of what is required. When you instruct us, we:
Understand what’s involved and will:
- Keep you informed throughout the proces
- Provide accurate valuations of assets, if required
- Dispose of the assets if you would like us to
- Be available on 24-hour standby 365 days a year to meet your timescales
Safeguard the assets and will:
- Protect vulnerable assets from theft by removing them to a safe place or guarding them in situ
- If necessary, secure assets by recovering or removing them and storing them securely on our premises.
- Minimise the risk of theft or damage to each asset by using the most appropriate means for moving, dismantling and transporting it
Handle the financial aspects and will:
- In some cases, clear outstanding asset-based finance balances by providing temporary finance to preserve the asset’s equity value
- For reservations of title, use our knowledge of the legal issues involved to oversee claim handling and ensure assets not owned by the business are distributed correctly
- Manage third-party finance agreements by using our knowledge of consolidations, hire purchase agreements, contract hire agreements, lease and secondary lease agreements to ensure the value of assets is apportioned correctly
Whether you are managing a company’s financial issues through administration, a pre-pack administration, liquidation, or a company voluntary arrangement, George Hazell & Co understands the issues and subtle differences and will give qualified, independent assistance relevant to your specific situation.
If you are struggling to understand the insolvency process, or just struggling with it, we can help.